Seeds - Indian Greens - Red Amaranthus
Steps to grow Red Amaranthus:
1. Sow 2-3 seeds in soil or cocopeat at 1-0.5 cm depth and moist the media. Keep the tray or pot in dark place and avoid air circulation. (You can do this by wrapping a sheet around the tray)
2. Check for moisture every day till the seed germinate. It germinates in less than 4 days
3. Provide light for these sprouts after germination to avoid lanky growth. (Elongated stem that eventually falls due to weight of plant and inhibits growth).
4. Grow these saplings in semi shade for a week before you transplant it to a bigger pot or any hydroponic system.
5. After transplanting provide full sunlight for its healthy growth and make sure to supply nutrition for your plant.6. You can harvest red amaranth in 30-35 days from sowing.
1. Desi, Non-GMO red amaranth seeds.
2. One gram of Amaranthus has 700 seeds approximately. Available in 5, 10 grams.
3. Store the seeds in an airtight container after use. Keep the seeds in a cool, dry place and avoid moisture contact for better germination in future use. (You can keep in a refrigerator).
4. If you are a beginner there can be a point where you are stuck and need a helping hand. At City Greens we have a dedicated support team for helping you out with all your queries.