Seeds - Indian Greens - Greens Amaranthus
Highly nutritious leafy vegetable that can be used the same way as spinach. Amaranth, a crop that can be grown very easily in a month.
Steps to grow Green Amaranthus:
1. Sow 2-3 seeds in soil or cocopeat at 1-0.5 cm depth and moist the media. Keep the tray or pot in dark place and avoid air circulation. (You can do this by wrapping a sheet around the tray)
2. Check for moisture every day till the seed germinate. It germinates in less than 4 days
3. Provide light for these spinach sprouts after germination to avoid lanky growth. (Elongated stem that eventually falls due to weight of plant and inhibits growth)
4. Grow these saplings in semi shade for 7-10 days before you transplant it to a bigger pot or any hydroponic system.
5. After transplanting provide full sunlight during summer and if winter full sunlight for its healthy growth and make sure to supply nutrition for your plant.6. You can harvest amaranth in 30-35 days from sowing.
1. Desi, Non-GMO green amaranth seeds
2. One gram of Amaranthus has 700 seeds approximately. Available in 5, 10 grams
3. Store the seeds in an airtight container after use. Keep the seeds in a cool, dry place and avoid moisture contact for better germination in future use. (You can keep in a refrigerator).
4. If you are a beginner there can be a point where you are stuck and need a helping hand. At City Greens we have a dedicated support team for helping you out with all your queries.