Spinach, a crop that can be grown very easily with minimum to no effort at all, even for a beginner it will be a cake walk. A leafy vegetable rich in vitamin c, iron, potassium, magnesium and many other important nutrients a human body requires.
Growing Spinach is very easy, just follow these steps and have a healthy grow spinach in your garden.
1. Sow 3-5 seeds in soil or cocopeat at 1-0.5 cm depth and moist the media. Keep the tray or pot in dark place and avoid air circulation. (You can do this by wrapping a sheet around the tray)
2. Check for moisture every day till the seed germinate. Spinach germinates in less than 6 days
3. Provide light for these spinach sprouts after germination to avoid lanky growth. (Elongated stem that eventually falls due to weight of plant and inhibits growth)
4. Grow these saplings in semi shade for 7-10 days before you transplant it to a bigger pot or any hydroponic system.
5. After transplanting provide partial sunlight during summer and if winter full sunlight for its healthy growth and make sure to supply nutrition for your plant.
6. You can harvest spinach in 45-60 days from sowing. You can prepare many dishes and smoothies with spinach. Most famous, tasty dishes like Spinach dal, Palak paneer are made from it.
1. Desi, Non-GMO spinach (palak) seeds
2. One gram of spinach has 100 seeds approximately. Available in 10, 30, & 50 grams
3. Store the seeds in an airtight container after use. Keep the seeds in a cool, dry place and avoid moisture contact for better germination in future use. (You can keep in a refrigerator).
4. If you are a beginner there can be a point where you are stuck and need a helping hand. At City Greens we have a dedicated support team for helping you out with all your queries.