Seeds - Lettuce Variants - Red Butterhead
Butterhead Lettuce variant is a head forming lettuce. Not all times a perfect head forms in Indian climatic condition but grows well if proper care is taken. It is available in both green and red colors.
Follow these simple steps outlined to grow your own lettuce
1. Sow the seeds in soil or cocopeat at 1-0.5 cm depth and moist the media. Keep the tray or pot in dark place and avoid air circulation. (You can do this by wrapping a sheet around the tray)
2. Check for moisture every day till the seed germinate. Lettuces germinates in 7-10 days
3. Provide light for lettuce sprouts to avoid lanky growth. (Elongated stem that eventually falls due to weight of plant and inhibits growth)
4. Grow these saplings in semi shade for 2-3 weeks before you transplant it to a bigger pot or any hydroponic system.
5. After transplanting provide partial sunlight for its healthy growth and make sure to supply nutrition for your plant.
6. You can harvest parsley in 50-60 days from sowing. Just pick the bigger leaves and use it salads, burgers, wraps, or consume it directly. Do not over mature the plants as they may taste bitter if over matures.
1. Butterhead Lettuce seeds - highest germination rate >80%
2. Available in two pack 50 or 100 seeds.
3. Lettuce prefers cool temperature; ideal temperature is around 18 - 21 °C. It grows better in partial sunlight and the pH range is between 5.5 and 6.0
4. Exotic vegetable seeds for your home or kitchen garden.
5. Store the seeds in an airtight container after use. Keep the seeds in a cool, dry place and avoid moisture contact for better germination in future use. (You can keep in a refrigerator).
6. If you are a beginner there can be a point where you are stuck and need a helping hand. At City Greens we have a dedicated support team for helping you out with all your queries.