Seeds - Exotic Greens - Bok Choy
Bok choy, a Chinese leafy vegetable rich in vitamin C and K, that can be consumed raw, cooked or roasted.
Growing Bok choy at home
1. Sow the seeds in soil or cocopeat at 1-0.5 cm depth and moist the media. Keep the tray or pot in dark place and avoid air circulation. (You can do this by wrapping a sheet around the tray)
2. Check for moisture every day till the seed germinate. It germinates in 4-6 days
3. Provide light for the sprouts to avoid lanky growth. (Elongated stem that eventually falls due to weight of plant and inhibits growth)
4. Gradually increase the light to harden the plant before you transplant it to a bigger pot or any hydroponic system.
5. After transplanting provide full sunlight for its healthy growth and make sure to supply nutrition for your plant.
6. You can harvest Bok choy in 45 days from sowing.
1. Ideal temperature for growing bokchoy is around 20-25 °C. It grows better in full sunlight and the pH range is between 6 and 7
2. Exotic vegetable seeds for your home or kitchen garden.
3. Store the seeds in an airtight container after use. Keep the seeds in a cool, dry place and avoid moisture contact for better germination in future use. (You can keep in a refrigerator).
4. If you are a beginner there can be a point where you are stuck and need a helping hand. At City Greens we have a dedicated support team for helping you out with all your queries.